COVID-19 Risk Assessment
Risk Assessment Tozer Studios 2020 – (Covid -19 precautions and preventives measure from guidelines advised)
All guidelines still apply from risk assessment dated 14/07/2020 with the following updated additions:
What are the hazards?
- Spread of Covid-19
NO-ONE MUST COME TO THE PREMISES IF THEY HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS OF THE VIRUS.
Who is at risk?
- Staff, students, families bringing students
Areas of concern?
- Car park
- Waiting area outside studios
- Changing rooms & waiting room/porta cabin & Studios
Class time procedure:
- Parents & carers are reminded to park with an adequate space gap between each cars in the car park.
- Students are reminded that car sharing outside their own immediate family is not permitted.
- Parents are advised not to leave the car, but watch their child or children as they enter the studio area and see a member of staff or an allocated teaching assistant.
- Parents of children under 6 yrs and new starters are permitted to bring their child to the relevant studio and wait outside with their child until advised to enter the class. Face masks must be worn by children 7 yrs and over and all adults.
- Face masks are to be worn by very student age 7 and up in ALL areas except inside the studio their class is in. These areas include:
- Walking from the car park where a 2 metre distance must be adhered to.
- All changing rooms
- Corridors and stairways
- On arrival all students must wait outside the relevant studio area allocated abiding by 2m set intervals with face coverings on.
- Students and parents are not to wait or congregate under the car port area.
- Toilets will be in use whereby everyone must wash their hands after use. Toilets will be cleaned at regular intervals during the day.
- All changing rooms will be in use for dropping personal items off only which should be brought to the studio in the recommended plastic bucket used in our Dance shows at the theatre. This should be minimum items for class. See image below
- Students must come prepared in their uniform and not change clothing at any time. Chairs and furnishings have been removed from changing areas to allow for more space.
- Social distancing will be in place in all changing areas and face masks worn.
- We will operate a one way system in and out of the studio. Classes will finish 5 minutes early to accommodate cleaning, arrival & departure of students.
- Staff will use the private gated side entrance as far as possible if the doors need to be closed.
- Weather dependent, the doors to all studios will remain open as far as possible, ventilation in the studios will remain for every session as well as the changing rooms.
- Students will enter the studios one way and be allocated a dance space including barre area which they are to remain in and wait for instruction.
- The studios and barres will be divided into appropriate areas allowing for social distancing.
- Students are not permitted to cross the marked area which is for staff at the front of the studios.
- Students are to arrive dressed and ready for class, no bare feet in the studios so dance shoes are required at all times.
- As far as possible water bottles will remain in the changing rooms.
- Bags are not to be brought into the studios.
- Alcohol based sanitising gel will be available in all studios and students will be asked to apply it as they enter and leave.
- Hand washing facilities with soap, water and paper towels will be available in the toilets as normal and to be used regularly.
- Students and families will be reminded to wash hands thoroughly when returning home from the studio.
- Door handles and barres will be wiped down with disinfectant wipes after each lesson.
- Any other frequently touched areas / objects will be disinfected at the end of each day and studio floors will be steam cleaned at the end of each working day.
- Facial masks MUST be worn in communal areas these must be provided by the students and not taken off or handed to anyone else until they are back in their car. At the start of the lesson face masks must be placed away until the end of the class when they must be put on again to move to another studio or go to the car park.
- Any equipment requirement during lessons, such as prop’s will be cleaned prior to use by the teaching staff and cleaned again before reuse.
- Staff and children to be reminded on a daily basis of the importance of regular hand washing and social distancing both in the studios and outside of it. Posters will be displayed where appropriate to remind students of current guidance.
- Management checks will take place regularly to ensure this is adhered to.
- We will maintain regular communication through the usual channels to reassure and support families in these fast changing situations.
- Regular communication of mental health information will be provided and an open door policy will be maintained for those who need additional support.
- Parents / carers are reminded to collect children promptly at the end of class. Changing rooms will not be available for either children or waiting adults.
- Supervision will not always be available by staff if children are awaiting collection due to lateness of parents.
- If a child sustains an injury during class the teaching staff reserve the right to assist the child in the most appropriate manner necessary and this may involve some form of physical contact and the use of First Aid. Gloves and masks will be worn during these occasions.
- Anyone developing symptoms whilst on site will be isolated and parents contacted to come and collect their child.
- If a positive test is reported, we will then use the track and trace system to advise families of those who have been in contact.
- All provisions are in place to meet government guidelines, we ask staff, parents & students to be extra vigilant during this ongoing situation.
Anyone not adhering strictly to the guidelines will not be allowed to attend any classes.
Updated September 15th 2020
The risk assessment below has been formed from guidance given by the HSE, RAD and ISTD. It will be updated and amended as the current Covid situation develops and further guidance cascaded. The health and safety of our students and staff is paramount. We thank you for your patience during these difficult times and we look forward to welcoming students back into the studios. We are confident that the risk assessment below addresses the potential risks posed and we ask for your co-operation in adhering to the rules we have set out for the safety of the whole community.
LOCATION: Tozer Dance Studios, Hockerwood Farm, Southwell
ACTIVITY: Group and private dance lessons
DATE CARRIED OUT: 14.07.20
CARRIED OUT BY: Alison Soule
REVIEW DATE: Start of the September term
What are the risks
Who is at risk
Control factors to be implemented
Level of risk
|Car park||Direct transmission of Covid 19 through the air via coughing and sneezing.||Students
|Parents and carers are reminded to park with a car space gap in between cars in the car park.
Students are reminded that sharing of cars with members outside of families is not permitted.
Lesson times will be staggered to allow one class to leave the studio and car park before the next arrives.
To limit the number of people attending the studios we recommend 1 parent / carer to drop off and collect.
|Waiting outside the studios||Direct transmission of Covid 19 through the air via coughing and sneezing.||Students||Students to line up on the paths leading to Studio 1 & 2 on the allocated line markings set at 2m intervals.
Students and parents are asked to wait in the car park and not by the egg table or outside the studios.
Students will enter the studios via the usual front doors and Staff will use the rear doors, marked ‘Staff only’.
Access to the studios is for students only.
Students will have their temperature checked prior to entering the studio or at any point where they are deemed to be unwell. This will be done using a digital forehead thermometer.
|Inside the studios||Direct transmission of Covid 19 through the air via coughing and sneezing.
Indirect contact of contaminated surfaces such as door handles, equipment & barres.
A register will be taken at the start of each class by the staff member present. These will be kept for 21 days for use in the NHS Track & Trace system if required.
Students are to arrive dressed and ready for class, all shoes required are to be taken into the studios along with a water bottle if required. Convertible tights are recommended to allow students to change from one class to the next without changing.
Outdoor shoes and coats are to be placed securely in bags and are to be left in the studio entrance halls. They are not to be brought into the studios.
Students will enter the studios via the usual doors and be allocated a dance space including bar area which they are to remain in. The studios and barres will be divided into areas to maintain the government social distancing requirements.
Staff and children will be reminded on a daily basis of the importance of social distancing both in the studios and outside of it. Posters will be displayed where appropriate to remind students of current guidance.
Doors and windows will remain open whenever possible to maximise ventilation in the studios.
Alcohol based sanitising gel will be available in all studios and students will be asked to apply in as they enter.
Hand washing facilities with soap, water and paper towels will be available in the toilet outside Studio 1 if required.
Students and families are reminded to wash hands thoroughly when returning home from the studios.
Staff will be encouraged to protect the skin by applying emollient cream regularly.
Staff and children will be reminded on a daily basis of the importance of regular hand washing both in the studios and outside of it. Posters will be displayed where appropriate to remind students of current guidance.
Students will be reminded of the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ policy. Tissues will be placed in lidded bins which will be emptied at the end of each day.
Door handles and barres will be wiped down with disinfectant / anti-microbial wipes after each lesson.
Other frequently touched areas / objects such as stair handrails, light switches will be disinfected at the end of each day.
Studio floors will be disinfected at the end of each week.
Any equipment requirement during lessons, such as prop’s will be cleaned prior to use by the teaching staff and cleaned again before reuse.
Student numbers will be limited in the Studios to comply with the 2-metre (6.5 foot) gap recommended by the Public Health Agency.
Symptoms of Covid-19
If a student or a member of their household become unwell with a new continuous cough, a high temperature, and / or a change in their sense of smell they are to self-isolate according to government guidelines and not attend classes.
Parents / carers are asked to notify Tozer if a student or member of their household are suspected as having Covid 19.
Likewise if a member of teaching staff or a member of their household have any of the listed symptoms, students who have had classes with that staff member, will be notified.
Any student who displays symptoms of Covid-19 (as described above) during class must be collected from the studios immediately. Please see notes below regarding the use of the Portacabin. Parents are reminded to ensure their emergency contact details held by Tozer are up to date.
If a child sustains an injury during class, the teaching staff reserve the right to assist the child in the most appropriate manner necessary and this may involve some form of physical contact and the use of First Aid. Gloves and masks may be worn during these occasions if deemed appropriate by the staff.
Staff will promote mental health & wellbeing awareness to the students and an open-door policy will be maintained for those who need additional support.
|Changing rooms||Direct transmission of Covid 19 through the air via coughing and sneezing.
Indirect contact of contaminated surfaces such as door handles & chairs.
|Students||All changing rooms remain closed until further notice.
Students should arrive dressed and ready for class. Students should bring a bag with shoes, water bottle and if possible wearing convertible tights thus removing any need for changing.
Students are asked to limit the number of items brought to the studios.
|Toilets||Indirect contact of contaminated surfaces such as door handles, toilet seat & sink taps.||Students
|The toilets inside Studio 1 will remain closed until further notice.
Only the toilet outside studio 1 will be available for emergencies.
Students are reminded to come prepared for lessons.
|Portacabin||Direct transmission of Covid-19 through the air via coughing and sneezing.
Indirect contact of contaminated surfaces such as door handles & chairs.
|The portacabin will remain closed to the students until further notice.
Staff may enter the portacabin for access to the staff room.
Any student displaying symptoms of Covid-19 (high temperature, persistent cough, change in sense of smell) will be escorted to the portacabin by a staff member and will remain isolated here awaiting collection. A staff member will remain with the child at all times but may wear some forms of PPE is deemed appropriate.
- Management checks will be undertaken on a regular basis to ensure the above control measures are adhered to.
- Tozer Staff will maintain regular communication through the usual channels to reassure and support families in these fast changing situations.
- Parents / carers are reminded to collect children promptly at the end of class. Changing rooms will not be available for either children or waiting adults and no supervision will be made of children awaiting collection.
- Class timetable’s will be need to be flexible to accommodate the changing situation and your patience is appreciated with this.
- Class fee’s are to be paid online upon receipt of an invoice. No cash is to be brought to the studios.