Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy
Safeguarding is the action taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm. Any concerns regarding Safeguarding should be discussed with a staff member or the Principal Lindsay Haynes.
Tozer are committed to help keep children and young people safe by:
- Providing a safe environment.
- Identifying and responding to children and young people in need of support and or protection.
- Supporting children’s development in ways that will foster a sense of self-esteem and independence.
- Fostering a learning environment in which every pupil feels valued and able to speak in an atmosphere of acceptance and trust.
- Ensuring all staff are:
- carefully selected,
- appropriately qualified
- undergo DBS checks
- regularly trained in first aid
- Recognising that all children regardless of age, disability, gender, race, sexual orientation or identity or religious belief have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
- Valuing, listening to and respecting students
- Adhering to Professional Codes of Conduct.
- Reporting any incident or suspicion of abuse to the Principal and/or agencies.
Dance training will require teachers on occasion to physically adjust and guide a student to find correct placement and muscle activation (this is specified within the RAD code of behaviour and good practice).
Photography and filming of students during class work or shows is strictly prohibited.
There may be occasions where students are photographed for marketing purposes such as our web site and local newspapers. However, consent will always be obtained prior to any images being shared and where possible we commit to only using images less than 2 years old and where the student remains part of the school.
All policies are reviewed annually
Signed on behalf of: Lindsay Haynes & the Tozer Staff Team
Dated: July 2020