Health and Safety Policy
- All parents must complete a Registration Form when joining us, with clear information regarding emergency contacts and any relevant medical history. It is the parent’s/guardian’s responsibility to notify us of any changes to their emergency contact details.
- In case of a fire emergency, all teachers have a clear understanding of procedures to follow.
- Tozer undertake a regular risk assessment to ensure the studio space is suitable for classes.
- Fully equipped First Aid boxes are located in Studio 1 and 2 and are audited at the start of each term.
- In the event of a serious incident, an accident report will be completed and a copy given to parent/guardian on collection.
- If required we will contact the emergency services first, then the parent/guardian of the student(s) involved, using the telephone number on the Registration Form.
- Parents understand that Dance is an active sport and injuries can We accept no responsibility for injuries sustained out of class time and via any means other than a teacher’s negligence.
- Students will be supervised during class time We do not take responsibility for students in between lessons or break times and ask parents / carers to only leave children unsupervised after fully assessing their capabilities.
- Students or parents/carers must inform the teacher of any special health considerations or existing injuries before participating in class.
- School uniform should be worn during class work and hair tied back from the face.
- Shoes must be worn when using the toilet facilities and at all times outdoors.
- Students should not wear any jewellery that may pose a risk to themselves or others (stud earrings and jewellery worn for religious or cultural reasons are acceptable).
- No food (or chewing gum) is allowed in the studios. Water is permitted in bottles with a secure cap.
All policies are reviewed annually
Signed on behalf of: Lindsay Haynes & the Tozer Staff Team
Dated: July 2020