Please find below details of our upcoming Showcase and Prize-giving event:
• All students must arrive at the Create Theatre, West Notts College, Derby Road, Mansfield NG18 5BH at 10.30 and NO later. The students will be signed in by a Chaperone or member of staff and no child will be allowed to leave the building at any time until the showcases are over. Once Prize-giving has finished the children will be signed over to their parent by the chaperone. (This is to safeguard all the students involved and please co-operate with this as much as possible).
• The students will all need enough food and water for the whole day (no fizzy drinks or juice allowed in the stage area or dressing rooms).
• The students will be given an appropriate amount of time to eat lunch after the morning rehearsal.
• Please bring all costumes, dance uniform needed. Hair and makeup MUST be done before arriving. Hair styles will be advised in lessons next week (make-up for school year 7 and upwards).
• We will have a tech rehearsal from 11am-12.45pm.The first showcase begins at 1.30pm and the second begins at 3pm.
• Prize-giving will commence at 4.30pm after a short break following the second showcase. At this point ALL audience members will need to leave the auditorium whilst we prepare for the Prize-giving. The bar in the foyer area will be open for refreshments all afternoon.
• During the Prize-giving, exam certificates will be presented to all students who have passed an exam in the last year and in-house school awards will then be presented.
• Approx. finish time is 5.15pm.
This showcase is not on the scale of our show that we presented last year at the Palace Theatre, it will be an informal varied programme of class work (in the format of 3 short workshops. Ballet, Jazz & Tap) led by Tozer Staff mixed with vocal and dance performances created throughout the last year.
Ballet workshop involves Grades 3, 4, 5 and 6
Jazz workshop involves the Senior Jazz class
Tap workshop involves Grades 5, 6, inter and Advanced 1
All vocal groups are involved.
Later in the year we will be presenting a showcase for the lower school students i.e. Pre-school through to Grade 3 students.
Please understand that due to time, theatre space, rehearsal time, chaperoning regulations and ongoing exam commitments we cannot include everyone in this showcase.
We hope you enjoy the afternoon!